Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator Recommendations and Advise

I have a couple of questions for those who went down this path.

I am interested in purchasing a generator for "emergency" situations. I am
looking for something that is strong enough that could power the heater,
sump pump, Fridge, etc (also, it does not need to do this all at once). I
am also looking for something that has 240 out in addition to 120 so I can
backfeed the house.

1.) What are the good brands of generators?
2.) Is there anything I should specifically look for in a generator
(warranty, serviceability, reliability, gas efficiency)?
3.) Would you ever purchase one online? If so what site have you used or
heard of other using with good success?

Amy.