Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I Share a Ground?

I'm running two circuits in a single conduit:
- a 240v 20amp for a wall A/C outlet
- a 120v 20amp for a shop outlet

Can I run a single 12 ga green ground wire for
both circuits?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 01:31:40 -0500, "The Streets"
wrote:

I'm running two circuits in a single conduit:
- a 240v 20amp for a wall A/C outlet
- a 120v 20amp for a shop outlet

Can I run a single 12 ga green ground wire for
both circuits?

IMHO:

When using conduit that can also be used as the grounding path (EMT,
MC, etc), pulling a seperate ground, rated for the highest
breaker/fuse, makes sense.

Good luck,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do folks who come later mark well these boxes are on two circuits, to
prevent a nasty shock!