Posted to alt.home.repair
kit kit is offline

Default LG Dehumidifier

My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
kit kit is offline

Bob F wrote:
"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried
spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to
turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"kit" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob F wrote:
"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present

%"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem

function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the

machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried
spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to
turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Next thing to check - is power getting to it?

Bob

Would this dehumidifier be OK ? sm_jamieson UK diy 13 September 12th 06 02:00 PM
dehumidifier lls8000 Home Ownership 0 July 25th 05 04:46 PM
How do you know if you need a Dehumidifier??? Joe Home Repair 6 October 7th 04 05:12 PM
dehumidifier Mindwipe UK diy 5 January 3rd 04 01:15 AM
Dehumidifier mark Ransley Home Repair 0 August 25th 03 03:56 PM