Mindwipe

Default dehumidifier

mines stopped working today was ok yesterday
fan still runs but compressor doesn't
ne1 here up to speed on these things or should i send it away
needless to say its out of warranty

Bob Minchin

Mindwipe wrote:
mines stopped working today was ok yesterday
fan still runs but compressor doesn't
ne1 here up to speed on these things or should i send it away
needless to say its out of warranty

Are you using it in a particularly cold location? They will not run
below +a few degrees C to reduce the risk of freezing up
(just like Pug aircon units!!)
Other possible problems:
The float swtich on the water tank is stuck in the high water position.
Compressor start relay knackered.

hth

Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

Sparks

"Mindwipe" wrote in message
mines stopped working today was ok yesterday
fan still runs but compressor doesn't
ne1 here up to speed on these things or should i send it away
needless to say its out of warranty

How much out of warranty is it!?

Sparks...

Sparks

mines stopped working today was ok yesterday
fan still runs but compressor doesn't
ne1 here up to speed on these things or should i send it away
needless to say its out of warranty

How much out of warranty is it!?

Sparks...

"Mindwipe" wrote in message
a year

If you still have some kind of proof of purchase, then you may be entitled
to some redress by the place you bought it under the sale of goods act.

Here is an example from the trading standards website
(www.tradingstandards.gov.uk)
Q. I bought a fridge/freezer about 18 months ago, and the freezer section
has completely failed. I went back to the shop, but they refused to do
anything as it was outside the original 12 month guarantee. What are my
rights?
A. Firstly, when you buy goods from a shop, you enter into a contract under
the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). This holds the shop liable for up
to six years after purchase (Limitation Act 1980), providing that you can
show that the problem is down to an unreasonable fault and not normal wear
and tear. Secondly, remember that the guarantee is in addition to these
statutory legal rights. Don't be taken in by the shop's argument here - they
are using the issue of the guarantee as a red herring to try to avoid their
legal obligations toward you. See our leaflet 'Buying Goods' for more
information on your rights.

Sparks...

Chris Oates

"Sparks" wrote in message
.. .

A. Firstly, when you buy goods from a shop, you enter into a contract

under
the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). This holds the shop liable for up
to six years after purchase (Limitation Act 1980

this has been done to death elsewhere - the 6 years is the
limitation period after which you can't chase them

within that period is whatever was in their terms
or whatever you can convince a Judge of

£5 broken radio = 6 months = ziltch

£3000 broken plasma screen = several years
of good service but there is no hard & fast rule