DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LG Dehumidifier (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/184483-lg-dehumidifier.html)

kit December 1st 06 04:33 PM

LG Dehumidifier

My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

Bob F December 1st 06 07:51 PM

LG Dehumidifier

"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

kit December 1st 06 11:38 PM

LG Dehumidifier

Bob F wrote:
"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to
function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried
spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to
turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Bob F December 4th 06 05:59 PM

LG Dehumidifier

"kit" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bob F wrote:
"kit" wrote in message
ups.com...
My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the
compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present

%"
humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem

function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the

machine?

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the
bearings might help.

Bob

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried
spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to
turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Next thing to check - is power getting to it?

Bob