Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking pipe

Hello-
We have a Delta facet with a pull out handle on the facet. I had the water
on last night and when I turned up the pressure, water came out
drastically slower and then it started to leak underneath the sink. My
husband looked under the sink and tried fixing it and everytime we turned
on the water with high pressure it starts leaking again and the clamp pops
off. Is it as simple as just replacing the clamp?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"broz1" wrote in
news:5320d9ff2f59d5ec6b3f902e1e8bd9c3@homerepairli ve.com:

Hello-
We have a Delta facet with a pull out handle on the facet. I had the
water on last night and when I turned up the pressure, water came out
drastically slower and then it started to leak underneath the sink. My
husband looked under the sink and tried fixing it and everytime we
turned on the water with high pressure it starts leaking again and the
clamp pops off. Is it as simple as just replacing the clamp?

Could be that your pull out facet has an inline debris filter installed
that has become plugged.....usually one can just unscrew the facet's end
cap that holds the filter in place to remove/inspect said filter.

That being said, from the sounds of it, I would be inclined to upgrade the
connection fittings that keep popping off......if a simple clamp works,
then by all means use it, if not obtain the proper fittings. Personally if
I am unsure about what fittings to purchase and the unit to be repaired is
readily removable, I will remove the unit and take it to an applicable
store for further consulation. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

propman wrote:
, I will remove the unit and take it to an applicable
store for further consulation. :-)

Is that a conflation of consultation and consolation? If they don't
give clear instructions, she could get flustrated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"broz1" wrote in message
news:5320d9ff2f59d5ec6b3f902e1e8bd9c3@homerepairli ve.com...
Hello-
We have a Delta facet with a pull out handle on the facet. I had the water
on last night and when I turned up the pressure, water came out
drastically slower and then it started to leak underneath the sink. My
husband looked under the sink and tried fixing it and everytime we turned
on the water with high pressure it starts leaking again and the clamp pops
off. Is it as simple as just replacing the clamp?

I had the same problem with a delta faucet , if you are talking the hose
connection for the sprayer. I ended up using tie wire to hold the clamp. It
is just a poor design, it failed in less than a year.