Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doug, Mice don't like raisins!

A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut
butter for mouse traps.

Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught 6
mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with
raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse droppings
right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.

You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Toller" wrote:
A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut
butter for mouse traps.

Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught 6
mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with
raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse droppings
right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.

You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

It works better if the raisins are fresh...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Tom is offline

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:28:31 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut
butter for mouse traps.

Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught 6
mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with
raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse droppings
right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.

You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

Conversation by the mice looking at the trap.

Mouse #1: "Hey I like penut butter, but for some reason I'm not
interested in this."

Mouse #2: "That's because there is a big turd on it."

Mouse walk off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller wrote:
A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut
butter for mouse traps.

Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught 6
mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with
raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse droppings
right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.

You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

I have been having good luck with the raisins.
PB might be better, but my little *******s got good at licking it all
off.

I have a few spots where the 'cheese pedal' traps work great!.

I have one opening to the outside I haven't bothered to plug, I just
leave a cheese pedal trap to each side, ...

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Toller wrote:
A month ago an unnamed frequent poster recommended raisins over peanut
butter for mouse traps.

Well, mice don't like raisins. Immediately prior to the posting I caught

6
mice in 8 traps in a week with peanut butter. I put out new traps with
raisins. Three weeks later I caught 1 mouse. There were mouse

droppings
right by the raisin baited traps, so there were plenty of mice to catch.

You can be sure I rebaited with pb.

I have been having good luck with the raisins.
PB might be better, but my little *******s got good at licking it all
off.

I have a few spots where the 'cheese pedal' traps work great!.

I have one opening to the outside I haven't bothered to plug, I just
leave a cheese pedal trap to each side, ...

I had my best luck with chunks of hard salami wedged firmly into
the traps. I was working in my garage once and got 3 in about 5
minutes on 2 traps. While I was re-setting the first, the second
went snap, and the first trap got its' second mouse (on the same bait)
shortly thereafter.

Bob

Hey Doug! Don Home Repair 8 December 6th 05 09:49 PM
Ping: Doug Miller Dave in Fairfax Woodworking 19 June 14th 05 07:50 PM
NOMINATION - Vito Kuhn for 72 Raisins "Crackpot Religion" Award Paul Kierstead Woodworking 2 March 26th 05 12:26 AM
re Doug Miller dave Woodworking 4 January 5th 04 10:12 PM