Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires.......

I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires after I shut off
the circuit breaker. I immediately touched the outlet screws after
turning off the breaker and got knocked on my ass. Let this be a
warning. ALWAYS WAIT ONE HALF HOUR or more AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE
BREAKER, FOR THE ELECTRICITY TO DRAIN OUT OF THE WIRES, BEFORE
TOUCHING ANY WIRES OR ELECTRICAL PARTS (that were connected to the
circuit). The same holds true for lightbulbs (even dead ones). When
you unscrew a bulb that was turned on, NEVER touch the metal tip on
the bottom of the bulb for at least one half hour, or risk a shock or
even possible electricution.

Mark

If you believe this, I am selling the United States of America to the
highest bidder. Please Start Bidding Now !!!!

LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:00:44 -0500, Eugene wrote:

wrote:

I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires after I shut off
the circuit breaker. I immediately touched the outlet screws after
turning off the breaker and got knocked on my ass. Let this be a
warning. ALWAYS WAIT ONE HALF HOUR or more AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE
BREAKER, FOR THE ELECTRICITY TO DRAIN OUT OF THE WIRES, BEFORE
TOUCHING ANY WIRES OR ELECTRICAL PARTS (that were connected to the
circuit). The same holds true for lightbulbs (even dead ones). When
you unscrew a bulb that was turned on, NEVER touch the metal tip on
the bottom of the bulb for at least one half hour, or risk a shock or
even possible electricution.

Mark

The same applies to your network cable (if your not running wireless) when
you unplug the network cable at the computer end but leave it plugged into
the hub/switch you will spill packets on the floor and they can be
slippery.

And if you ARE running wireless, it's leaking all over the place and
there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:54:34 GMT, "C.K."
wrote:

"Eugene" wrote in message
newsOOdnZvpRfVG2_fYnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@wideopenwes t.com...
wrote:

I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires after I shut off
the circuit breaker. I immediately touched the outlet screws after
turning off the breaker and got knocked on my ass. Let this be a
warning. ALWAYS WAIT ONE HALF HOUR or more AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE
BREAKER, FOR THE ELECTRICITY TO DRAIN OUT OF THE WIRES, BEFORE
TOUCHING ANY WIRES OR ELECTRICAL PARTS (that were connected to the
circuit). The same holds true for lightbulbs (even dead ones). When
you unscrew a bulb that was turned on, NEVER touch the metal tip on
the bottom of the bulb for at least one half hour, or risk a shock or
even possible electricution.

Mark

I have never heard of such a thing. From my experience, when you shut off
the breaker, that circuit is no longer energized.

I always test for power before I start working on a circuit. Did you do
that?? A good multimeter could save your life.

Testing both before and after (shutting off the breaker) tests the
meter too.

Don't forget an electrical box may have 2 or more circuits connected
to it.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

[...]

This is why the US has an oil shortage. We keep using fuel to
generate electricity that just leaks out of the wires and spreads
across the floor. In a few years it will have filled all the
basements, and all the way up to all the 2nd and 3rd floors, and we
won't be able to afford to make more. There will be special HazEn
crews that go around gathering up the old electricity, and recycling
it.