Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires.......

wrote:
I didn't let the electricity drain out of the wires after I shut off
the circuit breaker. I immediately touched the outlet screws after
turning off the breaker and got knocked on my ass. Let this be a
warning. ALWAYS WAIT ONE HALF HOUR or more AFTER YOU TURN OFF THE
BREAKER, FOR THE ELECTRICITY TO DRAIN OUT OF THE WIRES, BEFORE
TOUCHING ANY WIRES OR ELECTRICAL PARTS (that were connected to the
circuit). The same holds true for lightbulbs (even dead ones). When
you unscrew a bulb that was turned on, NEVER touch the metal tip on
the bottom of the bulb for at least one half hour, or risk a shock or
even possible electricution.

Mark

I thought that only happened in homes built under bridges. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit