Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall to Wall Rug Question

I'm planning to hire some area kids (20's) to help me pull up a wall to
wall carpet 12'X20'. Roughly how long do you think it'll take for two
boys to do this? I'm trying to plan the costs ahead of time. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

I should think an hour would easily cover it, including pulling the
carpet, cutting it to manageable size chunks, and loading it outside.
Not much to it.
wrote:
I'm planning to hire some area kids (20's) to help me pull up a wall to
wall carpet 12'X20'. Roughly how long do you think it'll take for two
boys to do this? I'm trying to plan the costs ahead of time. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you pulling up the tack strips?

Also, is the padding stapled down? There may be a staple every 6" or so and
those staples can be a bear to remove.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm planning to hire some area kids (20's) to help me pull up a wall to
wall carpet 12'X20'. Roughly how long do you think it'll take for two
boys to do this? I'm trying to plan the costs ahead of time. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Can I keep the same padding if I'm planning to put down carpet tiles?

Every carpet tile I've ever seen was self-padding, and 'sticky' back. Almost
has to be, to get tight joints.

aem sends...