Posted to alt.home.repair

Default volute replacement on polaris PB-4 booster pump.

My booster pump is spraying when only the pool pump is on and spraying
like a fountain when the booster pump itself is on. The problem is a
hairline crack at the bottom of the volute that extends around about
35% of it.

Now the solution is to replace the volute. A $38 part on here. That
is plumbed in at the top and at the center to the rest of my pool
equipment.

The question is: can I replace this myself. And if so how might I go
about it. Both removal and replacement.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am something of a pluming rookie
but I replace the seals in this pump successfully.

Thanks,
David

Posted to alt.home.repair

The question is: can I replace this myself. And if so how might I go
about it. Both removal and replacement.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am something of a pluming rookie
but I replace the seals in this pump successfully.

Sure, if you've managed to replace the seals, you should be capable of
disassembling what you need to replace this part of the housing. The
Polaris Web site has downloadable documentation including exploded parts
diagrams.
Posted to alt.home.repair

No I replacing the seals has nothing to do with the pump supply or pump
discharge
plumbing connections. I can take this pump apart in about 5 minutes.
But these
too connections involve plumbing connections and I am not sure what to
do with
them.

Any ideas on these two connections?