Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Electric dryer problem

I have a Kenmore dryer that is about 6-7 years old. When I press the
"start" button, the dryer motor starts up and begins to run. However, when
I release the "start" button, the motor stops. This happens on all timer
settings.

I left my tools at a jobsite so I haven't been able to open the back to get
the model number.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
I have a Kenmore dryer that is about 6-7 years old. When I press the
"start" button, the dryer motor starts up and begins to run. However,

when
I release the "start" button, the motor stops. This happens on all timer
settings.

I left my tools at a jobsite so I haven't been able to open the back to

get
the model number.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Chuck

There is a contact in the motor's start switch that keeps the motor running
when the start switch releases the start winding. It also turns the heating
element off if the motor stops.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Chuck Jurgens wrote:
I have a Kenmore dryer that is about 6-7 years old. When I press the
"start" button, the dryer motor starts up and begins to run. However, when
I release the "start" button, the motor stops. This
happens on all timer settings.

I left my tools at a jobsite so I haven't been able to open the back
to get the model number.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Chuck

Has a bad start relay.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Chuck Jurgens" wrote in message
I have a Kenmore dryer that is about 6-7 years old. When I press the
"start" button, the dryer motor starts up and begins to run. However, when
I release the "start" button, the motor stops. This happens on all timer
settings.

I left my tools at a jobsite so I haven't been able to open the back to
get the model number.

Any suggestions?

First, open up the front door and see if the model number is there. It is
on my Kenmore dryer. Then go to this site:
http://www3.sears.com/
Input your model number and you can look at an exploded diagram of the whole
machine and the correlated parts list. Then you can buy your replacement
part right there online. Easy as cake.
I have done just this to fix my washer, dryer and refrigerator.
Hope this helps,
Tomes