Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote in
:

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:
mm wrote in
:

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

You can get one that has the torch head at the end of a 4 ft or so
hose, it's very handy. I have one and the actual torch including
handle is only about 8 inches.

--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -