DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Propane torch head with pipe at right angle (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182788-propane-torch-head-pipe-right-angle.html)

mm November 15th 06 11:11 PM

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Jim Yanik November 16th 06 12:52 AM

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

mm wrote in
:

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

November 16th 06 02:57 AM

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:
mm wrote in
:

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

You can get one that has the torch head at the end of a 4 ft or so
hose, it's very handy. I have one and the actual torch including
handle is only about 8 inches.

--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -

[email protected] November 16th 06 03:50 AM

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:57:39 -0600, ()
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:
mm wrote in
m:

Propane torch head with pipe at right angle vs. 45 degree angle.

Somewhere I got a used propane torch head where the output pipe is at
right angles to the bottle. I always sort of thought it was for MAPP
gas, but when I just googled and google imaged, that didn't seem to be
the case at all.

Is there a purpose or advantage to the right angle one, or was it just
one maker trying to set itself apart from the others, or ???

Why doesn't someone make one with an adjustable head?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

You can get one that has the torch head at the end of a 4 ft or so
hose, it's very handy. I have one and the actual torch including
handle is only about 8 inches.

Thats the kind I like the best. Otherwise you got to tip the tank,
the liquid fuel comes out and the flame is very unstable or goes out.
I rarely ever use the hoseless ones anymore.

Mark