Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag commercial washer won't fill

Hi. My daughter has a Maytag commercial washer that I'd like to repair
for her (she cant afford even a cheap used one). I don't know the
model name/number (she live's about 45 min. away, I'll get that next
time I go over there), but it's probably at least 15 years old). It
has a digital front panel (green lighted words & numbers, and push
buttons), which lights up fine. If we put money in, it correctly
counts the quarters, and when 3 have been inserted, it prompts to
select a cycle, we press a button, and it starts a countdown timer, but
does nothing else. I've fiddled with the lid switch, to no avail. It
is connected to the water faucets, and they're turned on. I'd expect
the first thing to happen would be the tub would fill. The washer used
to work, but has been in storage for about 4 years, and this is the
first time we've tried it since.

What might I check with this thing? I've had good luck working on our
own Whirlpool washers and dryers in the past, so I'm fairly familiar
with appliance repair,but I've never worked on a Maytag.

Thanks.