J J

Default Maytag Performa - Tub crashing, washer moves.

I have an 8 or 9 yr old Maytag Performa washer. It has the plastic
tub. I lost the manual and don't have the model #. Is it somewhere
on the machine?

Most times during the spin cycle, the tub hits hard and loud inside the
washer. It is hard enough where the washer moves. I have to adjust
the wash to make the tub more balanced, then it's fine for the remaining
load. Only happens once per load, but is a pain sometimes.

What is this? Worth fixing? TIA

Kathy

"J J" wrote in message
I have an 8 or 9 yr old Maytag Performa washer. It has the plastic
tub. I lost the manual and don't have the model #. Is it somewhere
on the machine?

Most times during the spin cycle, the tub hits hard and loud inside the
washer. It is hard enough where the washer moves. I have to adjust
the wash to make the tub more balanced, then it's fine for the remaining
load. Only happens once per load, but is a pain sometimes.

What is this? Worth fixing? TIA

It sounds like one of those rubber bumpers inside has come loose. I'm sure
an expert will step up and tell you more exactly. You can probably put it
back on.

Appliance Repair Aid

J J wrote:
I have an 8 or 9 yr old Maytag Performa washer. It has the plastic
tub. I lost the manual and don't have the model #. Is it

somewhere
on the machine?

Most times during the spin cycle, the tub hits hard and loud inside

the
washer. It is hard enough where the washer moves. I have to

adjust
the wash to make the tub more balanced, then it's fine for the

remaining
load. Only happens once per load, but is a pain sometimes.

What is this? Worth fixing? TIA

Hi,

I lost the manual and don't have the model #. Is it somewhere
on the machine?

The manual is not on the washer, but the model# normaly is...unless
someone has removed it...
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Most times during the spin cycle, the tub hits hard and loud inside

the
washer.

Slow draining, worn suspension snubber/springs, both...the acual cause
would have to be investigated.

What is this? Worth fixing?

Something that may help....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=422276
Performa top load washer manual Service manual, washer.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/