Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP: How to re-adhere concrete section of pool edge

Greetings all!

We have a pool with cantilevered coping, and the way it was constructed
involved some forms to create the basic edge, but then the edge of the
coping was "mudded" to produce a naturalistic rock-like edge to the
pool. There are a couple sections of concrete mud" (probably like 6
inches long by an inch or two high) where the "mud" didn't adhere well
-- these areas basically appear to be a sliver of concrete which is
cracking off from the main body of the mudded finish work. I sort of
think of it like a scab which is kind of pulling off from the healthy
flesh, and which will eventually drop off (sorry if the analogy
disturbs the spectacularly weak of constitution).

These bits will eventually fall off. One option might be to pull them
off now and re-adhere them with some product which adheres well under
wet, and chlorinated, conditions. However, I'd prefer to glue them
firmly into place without having to take them off first. The tiny
crack at the edge of the sliver ("scab") is pretty tiny, so it would be
difficult to neatly squrit a thick epoxy into the crack...something
more like a low-viscosity "super-glue" would be more appropriate, I
think.

So my main question is this: Is there some very low viscosity adherent
(suitable for chlorinated pool applications) I can squirt into the edge
of this concrete sliver to firmly reconnect it to the main concrete?
(grey/brown-ish color when dry would be ideal).

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chuck wrote:
[...]

Concrete in outdoor, wet-dry conditions is extraordinarily difficult
to deal with. The only proven adhesive I know of is epoxy.

You could take a shot with Gorilla Glue. They do advertise that it
will work on outdoor masonery.

You won't like the viscosity of either but you won't like lower
viscosity glues delaminating after a year or so. Wet concrete is
tough.

Jason