Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rain and drywall

I'm about to buy about 10 sheets of drywall and I have to transport them
back to my house in the bed of my truck. Only problem that I can see is
that its raining and isn't likely to stop raining for a week or so. Yeah
Yeah I know, PUT A TARP ON IT! I will of course, but it seems sensible for
me to be prepared for the edges to get wet from blowoff and misting.

Should that be a big deal, or is drywall tough enough to take it for a short
time it will be in the back of my truck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Eigenvector" wrote:
I'm about to buy about 10 sheets of drywall and I have to transport them
back to my house in the bed of my truck. Only problem that I can see is
that its raining and isn't likely to stop raining for a week or so. Yeah
Yeah I know, PUT A TARP ON IT! I will of course, but it seems sensible for
me to be prepared for the edges to get wet from blowoff and misting.

Should that be a big deal, or is drywall tough enough to take it for a short
time it will be in the back of my truck?

Consider how much water gets applied to drywall when you mud the seams...

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Eigenvector"
wrote:
I'm about to buy about 10 sheets of drywall and I have to transport them
back to my house in the bed of my truck. Only problem that I can see is
that its raining and isn't likely to stop raining for a week or so. Yeah
Yeah I know, PUT A TARP ON IT! I will of course, but it seems sensible
for
me to be prepared for the edges to get wet from blowoff and misting.

Should that be a big deal, or is drywall tough enough to take it for a
short
time it will be in the back of my truck?

Consider how much water gets applied to drywall when you mud the seams...

Good point, hadn't considered that.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Big 4x8 or 4x12 "condom" bags that go around the whole stack are
available at the pro desk at local home depots now- My pal is shipping
manager at our local, and was telling me about them just today! Ask at
the pro desk and they will help you put it on and load it if they have
them yet...

Gman