Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Toilet roll holder: how high, how far?

You can tell that I am not the greatest home repair whiz. I need to
install a toilet roll holder, but I blank out when deciding where on
the wall it should go. Problem is, I recall most institutional settings
have it at approximately elbow height and slightly to the front of the
body. OTOH most homes place it much lower. I don't know why, because
then you have to bend down to get the paper.

Why this difference, and do you think one placement is better than
others? It is not a matter of what I like because it would obviously be
used by many friends and family, young and old.

Any opinions?

Toilet roll holder dilemma xxx UK diy 33 April 18th 06 11:13 AM
Toilet drain runs 15 feet... Bob Home Repair 21 March 1st 06 06:06 PM
trenching and other uses of a high pressure washer Jer Home Repair 5 November 18th 04 08:59 PM
Plan Wanted - Spare toilet roll holder mgg Woodworking 12 November 9th 04 12:27 PM
toilet flange too high? Tish Home Repair 3 October 3rd 04 01:22 PM