Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing granules source?

Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt
shingles?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Do a Google search on "Sheriff Goslin". They_used_ to sell granules to
coat their crappy bucket-o-tar flashing work. They probably do still .
Tom
Techguy wrote:
Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt
shingles?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any good commercial supply house will carry a few basic colors. A
good roofer uses it to sprinkle on the hot tar that oozes at the
edge of the modified bitumen sheets.

--
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .

"Techguy" wrote in message
Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on
asphalt shingles?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 01:41:15 GMT, Techguy wrote:

Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt
shingles?

Aquarium store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Techguy wrote:
Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt
shingles?

Thanks

My understanding is that most of it is mined by GAF in Belle Mead, NJ
40deg27.09m N.,
74deg42m W., just north of Princeton. Sourland Mountain, 'tis called.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Techguy wrote:
Where can I buy mineral roofing granules like the kind used on asphalt
shingles?

Not sure what you need them for or how much you need, but if it's to
cover small spots on your existing shingle roof you can usually find a
small amount in your gutters. If you find a large amount, clean your
gutters more often and/or start thinking about a new roof.