Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Installing vinyl gutter guards - how to get them to snap on?

I bought the vinyl gutter guards and started installing them. I cannot
get them to "snap on" to the edge of my gutter. I wonder if there are
other kinds of guards and I purchased the wrong one. I've included
pictures of my gutters and how the guards lay on them. I'm a little
worried that a brisk wind will blow them off because the only thing
that is holding them to my roof are the shingles. Are there special
clamps i can buy to secure them better? the bottom of my gutter is
rounded so it will be a challenge to get a standard clamp to attach to
it.

Also parts on parts of my roof the shingle are very hard to pry up and
I cannot get the guard far enough under because there is a nail or
something blocking it - what do you suggest in that situation - cutting
the guard so it's more narrow?

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6464/dscf0582uz5.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4590/dscf0583fa1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5092/dscf0584xm8.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8134/dscf0585cb6.jpg

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
100 yr old house, stucco over wood siding - now vinyl siding on top? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 26th 05 08:52 PM
Gutter guards: worth installing? [email protected] UK diy 2 July 20th 05 02:41 PM
Installing AC in vinyl replacement windows chemqueries Home Repair 3 June 27th 05 02:48 PM
gutter repair--what a headache peter p. Home Repair 13 April 19th 05 02:18 PM