Posted to alt.home.repair
CJ CJ is offline

Default What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Normally it goes under the siding. No point that I can think of in putting
it on top.

"CJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct 2006 09:23:49 -0700, "CJ" wrote:

What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

Nails, normally.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"CJ" wrote in message
oups.com...

What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

When bent to fit and held in place by shingles or wood
siding, flashing requires no fasteners.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJ CJ is offline

It's on the outside of the shingles and doesn't sit correctly on the
wood siding or asphalt shingles on the roof. I was thinking of maybe
putting roof cement or liquid nails. What do you think?

Don Phillipson wrote:
"CJ" wrote in message
oups.com...

What do I use to secure metal flashing to a shingle or wood siding?

When bent to fit and held in place by shingles or wood
siding, flashing requires no fasteners.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Oct 2006 07:11:32 -0700, "CJ" wrote:

It's on the outside of the shingles and doesn't sit correctly on the
wood siding or asphalt shingles on the roof. I was thinking of maybe
putting roof cement or liquid nails. What do you think?

I wouldn't trust adhesive for holding sheet metal unless
it's specifically labled for that use. If it is,
fine. If it's not, nails with neoprene washers, like they
use for all-metal roofing.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

It is improperly installed and glueing won't help. If you must do it that
way put globs of roofing cement on to hold it for a while.

"CJ" wrote in message
ps.com...

It's on the outside of the shingles and doesn't sit correctly on the
wood siding or asphalt shingles on the roof. I was thinking of maybe
putting roof cement or liquid nails. What do you think?

Don Phillipson wrote:
oups.com...