Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mazatlan Juice

Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or 220?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

110

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Abe" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or 220?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...trical+current

Your answer awaits

Yeah, he could have googled, but wouldn't it have been easier for you to
tell him (or just ignore him) as to do what you did?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:11 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or 220?

Steve

110, but don't count on this in any native built fishing vessel.

Happy fishing....
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in
:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...o+electrical+c
urrent

Your answer awaits

Yeah, he could have googled, but wouldn't it have been easier for you
to tell him (or just ignore him) as to do what you did?

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct 2006 00:36:28 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

"Toller" wrote in
:

"Abe" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or
220?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...o+electrical+c
urrent

Your answer awaits

Yeah, he could have googled, but wouldn't it have been easier for you
to tell him (or just ignore him) as to do what you did?

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

I should learn to read. To answer the OP - Both 110 and 220 are in
Mazatlan. The visitor can use travel "stuff" without adapters (110).

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message

"Abe" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if the electricity in Mazatlan, Mexico is 110 or 220?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...trical+current

Your answer awaits

Yeah, he could have googled, but wouldn't it have been easier for you to
tell him (or just ignore him) as to do what you did?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you
feed him for a lifetime. "

I found that quote on Google too.

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct 2006 00:36:28 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

Isn't asking a question on Usenet a form of doing research?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mikeytag" wrote in message
news:972ae4076358cbb9b19767e260ff6594@homerepairli ve.com...
110

Mike

Thanks, Mike. A man after my own heart.

If we just had Google and know-it-alls, what would we need Usenet discussion
groups for?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:49:45 -0500, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you
feed him for a lifetime. "

Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Karl S" wrote in message
On 26 Oct 2006 00:36:28 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

Isn't asking a question on Usenet a form of doing research?

Not according to this forum. Alt.home.repair is only for people who have
questions that have NEVER been asked before - otherwise you might upset the
regulars. Just be lucky you didn't have an HVAC question...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"Karl S" wrote in message
On 26 Oct 2006 00:36:28 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

Isn't asking a question on Usenet a form of doing research?

Not according to this forum. Alt.home.repair is only for people who have
questions that have NEVER been asked before - otherwise you might upset
the regulars. Just be lucky you didn't have an HVAC question...

Oh, Gawd. Let's not open that bag of snakes again.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Karl S wrote in
:

On 26 Oct 2006 00:36:28 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

He should learn to do his own research BEFORE he asks others.
He would learn much more.

Isn't asking a question on Usenet a form of doing research?

No,it's getting others to do your research(or solve your problem) for you.
What if there's no one else around to ask?

It's "I'm too lazy to look it up myself,so just tell me."
Then they develop the habit of asking instead of looking for themselves.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Someone wrote: In part ...............

I should learn to read. To answer the OP - Both 110 and 220 are in
Mazatlan. The visitor can use travel "stuff" without adapters (110).

..
Shouldn't that read;
"Visitors from other countries, such as those in North America (USA,
Canada etc.) that use 110 volt 60 cycle domestic and personal
appliances can (should be able) to use travel stuff, without adapters
(110).
Visitors from most other parts of the world, where 230 volt 50 cycle AC
is most common will probably require appropriate adapters."

All too often (constantly?) do we not assume that it is we (North
Americans) who will be the visitors?

I just checked (India) for example and one site says;
"Remember, no matter what type of plug an outlet might accept, voltage
in India is 230 v 50 Hz." India has about three times the population of
all of North America.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"terry" wrote

I just checked (India) for example and one site says;
"Remember, no matter what type of plug an outlet might accept, voltage
in India is 230 v 50 Hz." India has about three times the population of
all of North America.

Yes, but when you convert the numbers by subtracting those Indians who do
not have electricity in their houses, you come up with a different number.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

terry had written:

I just checked (India) for example and one site says;
"Remember, no matter what type of plug an outlet might accept, voltage
in India is 230 v 50 Hz." India has about three times the population of
all of North America.

..
The point being (India, or anywhere else for that matter) that it is
fairly easy (via internet) to find out the voltage and frequency of
various electricity supplies around the world.

On another (technically oriented) news group we have just finished a
discussion about 25 cycle supplies that were not uncommon in some parts
of North America up to at least the 1950s and 1960s; with the result
that there is still equipment around that uses it!

Some aircraft, from the mid 1940s onward, used (and probably still do?)
400 hertz at 115 volts.

Again there have been certain instances where the normal standards are
'mixed'. For example there are company towns, in this part of north
America, which until recent years, were supplied from a local mill that
operates at 50 hertz (cycles) but with the 'normal' North American 110
volts! On 50 all 'normal' 60 hertz clocks, including those that were
used as timers on many North American style stoves/ranges/electric
cookers ran 17% slow and so were not usable!

In Japan AIUI their normal voltage is not 110 to 117; but 100 volts?
However Japanese and other Asian manufacturers seem to have had no
trouble manufacturing equipment for many voltages/frequencies.

So depending where you live in the world your mileage (voltage) may
vary but it's fairly easy to find out?

And don't mention DC (Direct Current) non alternating voltages; very
uncommon today AIUI. But were in use in parts of the UK for example
until at least the 1960s. You could 'draw' quite a spark/arc at 230
volts DC when switching off something! Especially if it was something
inductive like say a motor.

Terry again.