Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drill Hole in Kitchen Sink ?

Wife selected new solid white American Standard
"Americast" sink. Now the problem is that we need one more hole
drilled for mounting faucets etc.

Anyone have any experience drilling holes in this particular sink.....
easy, difficult, problems?

I am open to suggestions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

call manufactuer and ask for instructions. its probably easiest to
exchange sink or faucet or both

Posted to alt.home.repair

call manufactuer and ask for instructions. its probably easiest to
exchange sink or faucet or both

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 05:09:18 -0700, grinder wrote:

Wife selected new solid white American Standard
"Americast" sink. Now the problem is that we need one more hole
drilled for mounting faucets etc.

Anyone have any experience drilling holes in this particular sink.....
easy, difficult, problems?

I am open to suggestions.

From AS FAQ:

I purchased an Americast sink that did not have enough holes. Can I
drill an extra hole?

We advise against drilling your Americast sink, because it will void
the warranty. However, it can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Cover area to be drilled with duct tape or masking tape.
2. Using a diamond carbide drill bit, drill at slowest rate of speed.
3. Apply at least two coats of anti-rust paint on all exposed metal.