Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bamboo flooring problems?

We recently installed tongue and groove engineered bamboo flooring
purchased through FastFloors.com. The manufacturer was "Click-On" and
they were the wide planks.

After a few months we noticed the planks were cupping from end to end
by as much as 1/16". Also, the edges are starting to peel up slightly.

This was installed over in floor heat however, this product is approved
for this type of use.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and had similar
problems with it?
Is there a known fix? Did you try to have the manufacturer warranty
the product?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
We recently installed tongue and groove engineered bamboo flooring
purchased through FastFloors.com. The manufacturer was "Click-On" and
they were the wide planks.

After a few months we noticed the planks were cupping from end to end
by as much as 1/16". Also, the edges are starting to peel up slightly.

This was installed over in floor heat however, this product is approved
for this type of use.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and had similar
problems with it?
Is there a known fix? Did you try to have the manufacturer warranty
the product?

I don't know this product but have a question as I see this from time to
time with laminate floors. How are you cleaning them? I suspect that some
water or cleaner gets into the joint and causes swelling at the end joints
the length wise joints for some reaon don't seem to get this swelling.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the feedback. I am cleaning them with a swifter jet which
has a pad on the end of it and sprays out cleaner specifically for
hardwood floors and then wiping until they are dry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for the feedback. I am cleaning them with a swifter jet which
has a pad on the end of it and sprays out cleaner specifically for
hardwood floors and then wiping until they are dry.

I think the Swiffer is putting too much water on the flooring. I'd
throw it out. I have the same type and the manual says to only wipe the
floor with a lightly damp cloth. I have it in my bedroom and no
problems now for 4 months.

~Melanie