Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer Jennifer is offline

Default Bamboo flooring problems?

wrote:
We recently installed tongue and groove engineered bamboo flooring
purchased through FastFloors.com. The manufacturer was "Click-On" and
they were the wide planks.

After a few months we noticed the planks were cupping from end to end
by as much as 1/16". Also, the edges are starting to peel up slightly.

This was installed over in floor heat however, this product is approved
for this type of use.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and had similar
problems with it?
Is there a known fix? Did you try to have the manufacturer warranty
the product?

Cupping is almost always caused by an increase in moisture, even just
via humidity. Is it more humid in your area now than when you first
installed the floors? Have you had heavy rains?

I would try running a dehumidifier in the room and see if it helps.

--
Jennifer