Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weil McLain WTGO Oil Fired Boiler Qestion

I recently had a Weil McLain boiler installed. Huge improvement over
the old coal converted asbestos coated boiler that I replaced.
I noticed that when the boiler begins to fire up, it runs for about 10
seconds before ingition. It also runs for about the same amount of
time when the flame goes out. Is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I haven't read the documentation on these boilers yet, but I believe there
is a time delay from when the burner starts, until that solenoid valve on
the left side of the gun opens, allowing oil to flow

"mstrspy" wrote in message
I recently had a Weil McLain boiler installed. Huge improvement over
the old coal converted asbestos coated boiler that I replaced.
I noticed that when the boiler begins to fire up, it runs for about 10
seconds before ingition. It also runs for about the same amount of
time when the flame goes out. Is this normal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

mstrspy wrote:

I recently had a Weil McLain boiler installed. Huge improvement over
the old coal converted asbestos coated boiler that I replaced.
I noticed that when the boiler begins to fire up, it runs for about 10
seconds before ingition. It also runs for about the same amount of
time when the flame goes out. Is this normal?

Those are pre and post purge cycles. It runs the blower without the oil
on for 10 seconds to push fresh air into the combustion chamber,
potentially pushing out fuel vapors from a failed ignition cycle and
also getting the chimney draft flowing before ignition. It shuts off the
oil and continues the post purge blower cycle for 10 seconds to clear
remaining exhaust from the combustion chamber and chimney.

Pete C.

Weil McLain Boilers Any Good? mstrspy Home Repair 3 July 4th 06 04:41 PM
Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability [email protected] UK diy 40 May 24th 06 09:19 PM
Slant Fin Oil Fired Boiler - Repair or replace? Doug Home Repair 10 March 23rd 06 12:20 PM
Oil fired boiler Leveled UK diy 2 September 8th 05 05:50 PM
New gas meter comes, old boiler fired. Adrian C UK diy 63 August 16th 05 10:37 AM