Posted to alt.home.repair

Default glass

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

You don't sound dumb, you are dumb. This is a rather poor troll. Maybe
when you grow up and get to the eight grade you can do better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

Have you heard of a guessing game called
Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? Minerals are
non-animal and (in this sense) non-organic.
Glass is made from minerals, chiefly silica.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic,
then what is it?

Have you heard of a guessing game called
Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? Minerals are
non-animal and (in this sense) non-organic.
Glass is made from minerals, chiefly silica.

What about oil?

And there's a fourth category for things like beets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

One of the most bizarre trolls I've ever seen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeffc" wrote in news:XxcYg.29731$fy.11540
@tornado.southeast.rr.com:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

One of the most bizarre trolls I've ever seen.

Actually I've only been monitoring this newsgroup for a couple of weeks now
but one thing I have noticed.......quite a few of the enquiries seem to
dangerously border the knowledge level of the questions quoted above but
these said enquiries are asked in all dead seriousness and not like the
"tongue in cheek"flavour of this poster and the "Where to take a dump"
poster.

FWIW, I suspect the two individuals (if indeed it is two separate
individuals that is) involved in posting the "tongue in cheek" messages are
just having a bit of fun with their own personal observations which are
similar to mine. Of course, YMMV...... :-)

Glass for shelves Harlan Messinger Home Repair 11 September 17th 06 01:53 AM
Renovating old house stasya Home Ownership 16 June 14th 06 04:36 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Replacing Coffee Table Glass nuttie_cat Home Repair 6 January 10th 06 11:28 PM
Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM