DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   glass (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/179199-glass.html)

[email protected] October 14th 06 02:14 PM

glass

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

Joseph Meehan October 14th 06 02:27 PM

glass

wrote:
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

I don't know of any glass that includes animal or organic products.

The color of glass depends on the minerals and impurities used to
produce it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

[email protected] October 14th 06 02:53 PM

glass

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

I don't know of any glass that includes animal or organic products.

The color of glass depends on the minerals and impurities used to
produce it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

Edwin Pawlowski October 14th 06 03:10 PM

glass

wrote in message
I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

You don't sound dumb, you are dumb. This is a rather poor troll. Maybe
when you grow up and get to the eight grade you can do better.

Joseph Meehan October 14th 06 03:30 PM

glass

wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Don Phillipson October 14th 06 05:22 PM

glass

wrote in message
oups.com...

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

Have you heard of a guessing game called
Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? Minerals are
non-animal and (in this sense) non-organic.
Glass is made from minerals, chiefly silica.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

HeyBub October 14th 06 07:32 PM

glass

Don Phillipson wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic,
then what is it?

Have you heard of a guessing game called
Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? Minerals are
non-animal and (in this sense) non-organic.
Glass is made from minerals, chiefly silica.

What about oil?

And there's a fourth category for things like beets.

propman October 14th 06 07:37 PM

glass

wrote in news:1160831643.370630.137160
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

Man I can't believe the amount of **serious** responses you have had to
what obviously is only a bit of fun on your part! Methinks, brooms and
bums ain't soon parted......

One more question.. What colour is glass?

Depends strictly on how many tabs of acid ya dropped before repairing the
sump pump...... ;-)

jeffc October 14th 06 10:21 PM

glass

wrote in message
oups.com...
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

One of the most bizarre trolls I've ever seen.

Phisherman October 14th 06 11:49 PM

glass

On 14 Oct 2006 06:53:40 -0700, wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

I don't know of any glass that includes animal or organic products.

The color of glass depends on the minerals and impurities used to
produce it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then
what is it?

Most window-pane glass is made from silicon, an abundant mineral on
earth. Silicon (Si) is also an element.

propman October 15th 06 07:45 AM

glass

"jeffc" wrote in news:XxcYg.29731$fy.11540
@tornado.southeast.rr.com:

wrote in message
oups.com...
I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any
animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't
contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is
this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

One of the most bizarre trolls I've ever seen.

Actually I've only been monitoring this newsgroup for a couple of weeks now
but one thing I have noticed.......quite a few of the enquiries seem to
dangerously border the knowledge level of the questions quoted above but
these said enquiries are asked in all dead seriousness and not like the
"tongue in cheek"flavour of this poster and the "Where to take a dump"
poster.

FWIW, I suspect the two individuals (if indeed it is two separate
individuals that is) involved in posting the "tongue in cheek" messages are
just having a bit of fun with their own personal observations which are
similar to mine. Of course, YMMV...... :-)