Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carrier Thermostat Clock not keeping time

I have a carrier programmable thermostat that is approx 3 years old.
The thermostat works fine, but the clock is not keeping time correctly
(losing about 15 minutes a day). There hasn't been any power outages
as none of my other clocks are affected.

I thought there might be a battery somewhere, but I took it off the
wall and don't see one (I believe it is powered by AC). Does anyone
know if there is a battery somewhere or does it probably need to be
replaced?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

CJT wrote:

When you took it off the wall, did the clock stop completely? If not,
then (assuming it was off the wall long enough for any energy storing
capacitors to drain) it must have a battery.

Yes, the entire LCD went blank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a carrier programmable thermostat that is approx 3 years old.
The thermostat works fine, but the clock is not keeping time correctly
(losing about 15 minutes a day). There hasn't been any power outages
as none of my other clocks are affected.

I thought there might be a battery somewhere, but I took it off the
wall and don't see one (I believe it is powered by AC). Does anyone
know if there is a battery somewhere or does it probably need to be
replaced?

Thanks

Some digital thermostats can be removed from the wall without making the
batteries visible - they remain within the unit you're holding in your hand.
You might need to open a faceplate or something. Where is your instruction
manual? Or, go to www.carrier.com and call them with the model number handy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Had the same problem. When I pulled it out I did not see any battery compartment

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...me-155530-.htm