Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Carrier Thermostat Clock not keeping time

wrote:

I have a carrier programmable thermostat that is approx 3 years old.
The thermostat works fine, but the clock is not keeping time correctly
(losing about 15 minutes a day). There hasn't been any power outages
as none of my other clocks are affected.

I thought there might be a battery somewhere, but I took it off the
wall and don't see one (I believe it is powered by AC). Does anyone
know if there is a battery somewhere or does it probably need to be
replaced?

Thanks

When you took it off the wall, did the clock stop completely? If not,
then (assuming it was off the wall long enough for any energy storing
capacitors to drain) it must have a battery.