Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carrier Thermostat Clock not keeping time

mm wrote:
On 12 Oct 2006 08:18:09 -0700, wrote:

I have a carrier programmable thermostat that is approx 3 years old.
The thermostat works fine, but the clock is not keeping time correctly
(losing about 15 minutes a day). There hasn't been any power outages
as none of my other clocks are affected.

I thought there might be a battery somewhere, but I took it off the
wall and don't see one (I believe it is powered by AC). Does anyone
know if there is a battery somewhere or does it probably need to be
replaced?

Thanks

Repair questoins might be posted at sci.electronics.repair , but if it
turns out that it is broken, that is, a new battery doesn't help, I
think Carrier might give you a new one whether the guarantee is still
in effect or not. I have no experience with this, but this is the not
the kind of problem caused by abuse, or damage, or your kids, but
something inside went bad not because of any of that.

How long has it been broken?

The clock ain't working, so how would he know?