Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I like the way Home Depot sucks/ Redux

Well, I'm back from Utah and the cabin.

While there, I went to the Home Depot where I bought the doors and told the
long sad story to the manager about how I had purchased two wooden screen
doors, and after thinking about it, wanted to be honest and pay the right
amount. He looked it up, and said that they had intended to sell me one
screen door for $30 off, ($59 net), since it was the last one from that
supplier, and to give the other to me for free, as I had purchased a large
amount of goods recently plus the door was damaged. Net cost for two doors,
$59 instead of what the girl charged.

They said they had fired that particular cashier, not for overcharging me,
but for "other reasons" they would not elaborate about. (I think she
wouldn't go out with the corporate rep.)

He complimented my honesty and gave me a $100 gift card to more than
compensate for the overcharge.

I looked at the log splitters. I picked one for $1299, a Honda 5.5hp 27 ton
model, but balked at the $30 assembly charge. I asked for one in the box.
The floor model was the last one in stock.

They called the manager. He authorized a 10% reduction in price, since it
was the last one in stock and waived the $30 assembly charge.

Home Depot was having a promotion that allowed 10% off if you applied for a
Home Depot credit card. I did, and got another 10% off.

I like the way Home Depot sucks.

Home Depot is like anywhere else. You have to have your eyes open when you
walk in.

You can see a lot by observing.

-Yogi Berra -

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote in message ...
[...]

I'm glad it worked out for you Steve. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..

Steve B wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks, Cheri. I sure know my conscience feels better than it did when I
was assailed by certain members of this newsgroup for being dishonest.

Plus, the $100 gift card, and the $246.81 off the log splitter was warm and
fuzzy, too.

Now. What do I spend the gift card on? I think I'll get that DeWalt
cordless drill I have been looking at.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote in message ...

Now. What do I spend the gift card on? I think I'll get that DeWalt
cordless drill I have been looking at.

Steve

I think you should give the gift card to your wife, and let her buy
something that she's been looking at, maybe something totally frivolous
:-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

Thanks, Cheri. I sure know my conscience feels better than it did when I
was assailed by certain members of this newsgroup for being dishonest.

Plus, the $100 gift card, and the $246.81 off the log splitter was warm
and fuzzy, too.

shows to go you that Honesty Pays? Good outcome, Steve.

lee

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..

[snip]

I think you should give the gift card to your wife, and let her buy
something that she's been looking at, maybe something totally frivolous
:-)

Cheri

Totally frivolous for the wife, from Home Depot?? For OUR anniversary she
got me 10 board feet of hardwood lumber and I got her a new lawn tractor --
I'm trying hard to think of something totally frivolous that my wife would
like from Home Depot but none of them around here have lingerie or jewelry
departments --

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . net, "JimR" wrote:

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

[snip]

I think you should give the gift card to your wife, and let her buy
something that she's been looking at, maybe something totally frivolous
:-)

Cheri

Totally frivolous for the wife, from Home Depot?? For OUR anniversary she
got me 10 board feet of hardwood lumber and I got her a new lawn tractor --
I'm trying hard to think of something totally frivolous that my wife would
like from Home Depot but none of them around here have lingerie or jewelry
departments --

http://www.homedepot.com/

Search for Product id: #100350845

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:55:42 GMT, "JimR" wrote:

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message

[snip]

I think you should give the gift card to your wife, and let her buy
something that she's been looking at, maybe something totally frivolous
:-)

Cheri

Totally frivolous for the wife, from Home Depot?? For OUR anniversary she
got me 10 board feet of hardwood lumber and I got her a new lawn tractor --
I'm trying hard to think of something totally frivolous that my wife would
like from Home Depot but none of them around here have lingerie or jewelry
departments --

Gazebo, hot tub, solar walkway lights, Hammocks, Fountains.