Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default I like the way Home Depot sucks/ Redux

Well, I'm back from Utah and the cabin.

While there, I went to the Home Depot where I bought the doors and told the
long sad story to the manager about how I had purchased two wooden screen
doors, and after thinking about it, wanted to be honest and pay the right
amount. He looked it up, and said that they had intended to sell me one
screen door for $30 off, ($59 net), since it was the last one from that
supplier, and to give the other to me for free, as I had purchased a large
amount of goods recently plus the door was damaged. Net cost for two doors,
$59 instead of what the girl charged.

They said they had fired that particular cashier, not for overcharging me,
but for "other reasons" they would not elaborate about. (I think she
wouldn't go out with the corporate rep.)

He complimented my honesty and gave me a $100 gift card to more than
compensate for the overcharge.

I looked at the log splitters. I picked one for $1299, a Honda 5.5hp 27 ton
model, but balked at the $30 assembly charge. I asked for one in the box.
The floor model was the last one in stock.

They called the manager. He authorized a 10% reduction in price, since it
was the last one in stock and waived the $30 assembly charge.

Home Depot was having a promotion that allowed 10% off if you applied for a
Home Depot credit card. I did, and got another 10% off.

I like the way Home Depot sucks.

Home Depot is like anywhere else. You have to have your eyes open when you
walk in.

You can see a lot by observing.

-Yogi Berra -

Steve