Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hamilton 12HF furnace humidifer leaks

Hi all, I just installed a Hamilton 12HF furnace humidifier and it
leaks like crazy. The trap that the filter sits is fine but water
either runs over the edge of it or splashes off the filter or
whatever and goes into the base outside this trap and away from where
the drain is. It then leaks round the seams at the side edges. It
looks like it's a poorly engineered thing if you ask me. There are
seams on both sides around the base that the water seems to go right
through. Has anyone had any experience with these humidifers and if
they have had the same type of thing happen? I put calking on the
seams and that stopped the water flow through there and now it just
leaks through the screw holes.