Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing back panel on Kenmore range

I have a Kenmore electric range Model # C880 6305090, about 10 years
old. I need to replace the infinite switch for one of the burners.
Normally, this is done by taking off the back panel.

The back panel covers the entire back of the stove, and when I removed
the screws, the panel didn't come loose. Is there something I am
missing? Is there some trick involved in removing it? Or do I access
the control panel from the front?

Has anyone else encountered this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Gord, Don P wrote:

Did anyone ever reply to this query? (Same problem here but in year 2019.)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-154560-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 5:14:05 PM UTC-5, Don P wrote:
replying to Gord, Don P wrote:

Did anyone ever reply to this query? (Same problem here but in year 2019.)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-154560-.htm

Did you try pulling up parts diagrams online at the repair parts stores?
Many times you can figure out how it comes apart by looking at the exploded
parts diagrams.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had the same problem and couldnt find any help from anywhere online. So...I figured it out myself (after making a huge mess of parts)
If youre interested in dealing with the wiring, burner, and light switches,
Its actually not that tough.
(Unplug your stove first 🙂😉)
1. You dont remove the back to get inside. You go through the top/front display panel.
2. Remove the two top corner screws on the left and right back area of the stove.
3. Pop out the long overhead light bulb on very top of the stove.
4. Remove the two screws on the left and right front corners inside where the light bulb was. (Theyre kind of on an angle)
5. Gently pull the sides of the top stove panel away from the centre (theyre flexible) but hold on to the front of the switch panel because itll move (rotate) forward which will gain you access to all the main interior guts.
I hope this helps. I know I sure couldve used the advice. 😉ðŸ‘ðŸ»

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-154560-.htm