Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Safety Cover Question

I just purchased a safety cover for my 36 X 18 pool. When it came the
springs were covered with a plastic sleeve that of course I thought was
for shipping only. So I removed them all, it took so long to remove
then that I doubt I can get them back on. Anyways, how important are
these plastic sleeves and are they only there to prolong the life of
the springs. Thanks in advance.