Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Question

My neighbor is having a pool put in water is going in today. The pool has a
cascading end (Vanishing end heard a lot of names for it) Just great if your
on a hill and have a view, witch he dose. The water rolls over the edge and
droops about 3 feet, into a trough . Now what I'm curious about the trough
is about 4 feet deep 16 inches wide. The pool contractor says it has to be
the same dept as the deepest point of the pool ( total is about 7 feet) I
can't figure out why, It had to just a pain in the ass to plaster the
trough, it can't balance ( level) the water out, there are pump inlets in
the bottom. Any ideas of why the trough has to match the pool dept?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:49:39 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"
wrote:

My neighbor is having a pool put in water is going in today. The pool has a
cascading end (Vanishing end heard a lot of names for it) Just great if your
on a hill and have a view, witch he dose. The water rolls over the edge and
droops about 3 feet, into a trough . Now what I'm curious about the trough
is about 4 feet deep 16 inches wide. The pool contractor says it has to be
the same dept as the deepest point of the pool ( total is about 7 feet) I
can't figure out why, It had to just a pain in the ass to plaster the
trough, it can't balance ( level) the water out, there are pump inlets in
the bottom. Any ideas of why the trough has to match the pool dept?

If it is less it will overflow I suspect.