Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cast iron drain pipe and no-hub connectors

I have a horizontal run of cast iron drain pipe underneath my basement
slab (this section of slab has been removed) that I have cut and want
to create new drain runs from PVC (for a bathroom). Before I have all
my pipes laid out and refill the area with new concrete, I had a couple
questions:

1) Where I have cut the cast iron pipe, should I apply some type of
primer to the bare metal cross-section to protect it from corrosion?

1) Can the no-hub/hubless/Fernco connectors that have the solid
stainless-steel band be embedded either partially or wholly in
concrete? Should the no-hub connectors be protected from the soil and
concrete by surrounding it with gravel or wrapping it in visquene or
something else?

Todd