Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tar coating removal/ concrete roof

I own a southern cement home.

Someone coated the flat roof with a tar coating.

It has long since deteriorated, and leaking has accurred throught the
roof.

I need to clean the roof before applying new coating.

How do I remove this tar coating or make it acceptable for new sealant.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no idea what a southern cement home is.

I have never seen tar applied directly to concrete as a roofing
system.

You need much more information for an intelligent answer.

I suspect that you have a flat or low pitch roof. I doubt that it
is a concrete roof. It is probably wood framed, plywood sheathed,
and roofed with a 3 or 5 layer asphalt roof. It probably has
stone or cinder ballast.

If you cannot understand any of this conversation, you need to
contact a local roofing company for advice. Talk to more than one
company to see if they both see a similar project. There are many
solutions, too varied to address here.

______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Nippins" wrote in message
s.com...
I own a southern cement home.

Someone coated the flat roof with a tar coating.

It has long since deteriorated, and leaking has accurred
throught the
roof.

I need to clean the roof before applying new coating.

How do I remove this tar coating or make it acceptable for new
sealant.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nippins wrote:
I own a southern cement home.

Someone coated the flat roof with a tar coating DIRECTLY to the concrete.

Someones idea of weather proofing.

It has long since deteriorated, and leaking has accurred throught
the
roof.

I need to clean the roof before applying new coating.

How do I remove this tar coating or make it acceptable for new sealant.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nippins wrote:
I own a southern cement home.

It has a concrete roo, FLAT.

Someone coated the flat roof with a tar coating DIRECTLY to the
conrete.

Someones idea of weather proofing.

It has long since deteriorated, and leaking has accurred throught the
roof.

I need to clean the roof before applying new coating.

How do I remove this tar coating or make it acceptable for new sealant.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nippins wrote:
I own a southern cement home.

Someone coated the flat roof with a tar coating Directly to the cement.