CDK

Default help - noises from concrete slab roof

Hi,
I have just bought a unit on the top floor of a 4 storey block of units. The
units (us because we are on the top floor) has a concrete slab roof.
Almost every night we are awoken by noise coming from the roof. It sounds
like something is moving in the roof and causing a wood on wood or wood on
steel creaking noise.
It also seems like that it might be over the supporting walls.
We would like advice or any comment please, is this normal, should we be
worried, can it be fixed
Some "experts" that we have spoken to say it is quite normal for a concrete
roof to expand or contract, and this will cause a noise.
We would appreciate any comments please
Thanks
Chris

Bennett Price

CDK wrote:

Hi,
I have just bought a unit on the top floor of a 4 storey block of units. The
units (us because we are on the top floor) has a concrete slab roof.
Almost every night we are awoken by noise coming from the roof. It sounds
like something is moving in the roof and causing a wood on wood or wood on
steel creaking noise.
It also seems like that it might be over the supporting walls.
We would like advice or any comment please, is this normal, should we be
worried, can it be fixed
Some "experts" that we have spoken to say it is quite normal for a concrete
roof to expand or contract, and this will cause a noise.
We would appreciate any comments please
Thanks
Chris

Might it just be just be birds or squirrels walking around?
Peter H

"CDK" wrote in message
Hi,
I have just bought a unit on the top floor of a 4 storey block of units.

The
units (us because we are on the top floor) has a concrete slab roof.
Almost every night we are awoken by noise coming from the roof. It sounds
like something is moving in the roof and causing a wood on wood or wood on
steel creaking noise.
It also seems like that it might be over the supporting walls.
We would like advice or any comment please, is this normal, should we be
worried, can it be fixed
Some "experts" that we have spoken to say it is quite normal for a

concrete
roof to expand or contract, and this will cause a noise.
We would appreciate any comments please
Thanks
Chris

Is it a condominium? If so I would suggest that you approach the Board of
Directors about this. They may already be aware of the problem.

Peter H