Posted to alt.home.repair
jb jb is offline

Default Lime amount under pine tree

I removed a large pine tree in my yard. The circle diameter in the
ground is close to 10ft. The tree was 20 years old. How do I treat the
underlying soil to make it ready for grass planting. Thanks for your help
Posted to alt.home.repair

Do a soil test, cheap via most cooperative extension centers.
jb wrote:
I removed a large pine tree in my yard. The circle diameter in the
ground is close to 10ft. The tree was 20 years old. How do I treat the
underlying soil to make it ready for grass planting. Thanks for your help

Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
I removed a large pine tree in my yard. The circle diameter in the
ground is close to 10ft. The tree was 20 years old. How do I treat the
underlying soil to make it ready for grass planting. Thanks for your help

The standard answer is "don't guess - get a soil test".
However, in practice, an educated guess would be 15 lbs of lime spread
over a 20' circle and worked into the soil. (lime placed on the surface
penetrates average soil 1"/yr.)

Bob S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob S. wrote:
jb wrote:
I removed a large pine tree in my yard. The circle diameter in the
ground is close to 10ft. The tree was 20 years old. How do I treat the
underlying soil to make it ready for grass planting. Thanks for your help

The standard answer is "don't guess - get a soil test".
However, in practice, an educated guess would be 15 lbs of lime spread
over a 20' circle and worked into the soil. (lime placed on the surface
penetrates average soil 1"/yr.)

Bob S.

I would lime the hell out of it. You can never add to much lime as far
as I'm concerned.

Paul

Grass will not grow Steve K Home Repair 31 May 20th 06 12:45 AM
Pine tree pitch Comcast Newsgroups Woodturning 18 July 25th 05 05:07 AM
lime plastering - expected costs vs gypsum Stephen Fasham UK diy 42 May 22nd 04 03:59 PM
unfortunate Lazarus Long Woodworking 32 April 20th 04 02:44 PM
Tree identification. Al Kyder Woodturning 2 September 17th 03 05:13 PM