Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Charger replacement

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

Any experiences?

Thanks!

14.4 amps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcfriendly wrote:

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

Any experiences?

Thanks!

14.4 amps.

You could use almost any charger designed for charging 14.4 VOLT
batteries providing you could properly rig the connections between the
charger and the battery.

Perhaps you could strip the battery pack receptical from the defunct
charger and use it as a connector?

But, since it appears you have limited electrical knowledge and don't
seem to know the difference between volts and amps, I'd suggest you play
it safe and get a whole new charger.

Try eBay. Searching for "Dewalt charger" will get you a zillion hits.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
mcfriendly wrote:

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

Get a Dewalt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
mcfriendly wrote:

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

Get a Dewalt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

All the different brands of rechargeable batteries have proprietary
chargers/batteries..others wont fit.

My Dewalt 12V batteries finally died after 5 years.
Batteries alone cost $ 50.00 each at Lowes/ Home D.

A whole new DeWalt kit (drill/charger/2 batts/case) costs the same as buying
the 2 batteries ( $99.00)

I stalled and stalled using my old Craftsman and finally the $99.00 kit went
on sale for 89 with a $ 30.00 rebate so I now have 2 Drills/ 2 chargers and
2 batteries.

Now the 18 Volt Batteries are $ 60.00 each...yada yada yada

Get a Dewalt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5 Oct 2006 17:29:03 -0700, "mcfriendly"
wrote:

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

Any experiences?

Thanks!

14.4 amps.

Check to see if it's one of the recalled Dewalt chargers first