Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default Power Charger replacement

My Dewalt power drill charger has failed. Do I have to use a Dewalt
charger replacement OR can I a cheapo from Harbor Freight?

All the different brands of rechargeable batteries have proprietary
chargers/batteries..others wont fit.

My Dewalt 12V batteries finally died after 5 years.
Batteries alone cost $ 50.00 each at Lowes/ Home D.

A whole new DeWalt kit (drill/charger/2 batts/case) costs the same as buying
the 2 batteries ( $99.00)

I stalled and stalled using my old Craftsman and finally the $99.00 kit went
on sale for 89 with a $ 30.00 rebate so I now have 2 Drills/ 2 chargers and
2 batteries.

Now the 18 Volt Batteries are $ 60.00 each...yada yada yada

Get a Dewalt.