Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rubber Padded Mats?

I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and
he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want.
Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and
provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them
laid out on wood planks on scaffolds.
Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

are you talking about anti-fatigue mats or stuff just for traction?

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet

wrote:
I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and
he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want.
Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and
provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them
laid out on wood planks on scaffolds.
Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you're talking about those 2x2', 1/2" thick mats that snap together:
You can find them at Pepboys, Costco, or Sams. I bought about 200sft
and use them all the time to protect flooring during remodeling.

wrote:
I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and
he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want.
Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and
provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them
laid out on wood planks on scaffolds.
Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill wrote:
On 2 Oct 2006 20:40:41 -0700, wrote:

I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and
he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want.
Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and
provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them
laid out on wood planks on scaffolds.
Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up
empty.

For the top of the line in anti-fatigue mats, check
www.ergomat.com

Not sure where you'd be able to buy one, though. They mainly supply
factories, hospitals and such.

If they supply hospitals it means that you will be
paying at least 3 times the price of an equal
quality product. Wholesalers/retailers to the
medical and scientific industry always price items
at a huge mark up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The ones I saw were both. Maybe three feet by four feet - half an inch
in thickness and padded. They kept my from slipping and gave me some
padding to stand for hours.

wrote:
I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and
he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want.
Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and
provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them
laid out on wood planks on scaffolds.
Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mrsgator88 wrote:
I found them once at Sam's club, but they don't always have them. An
industrial supply company will carry these.

I tried Sams' Lowe's and Home Depot - nothing.

I found traction mats full of holes and all sorts of kickass patterns,
but thats no good for me.
Bare feet are going to be on this thing - thats the problem. They're
going to be standing on this thing for a long time in bare feet.
Crap... I'm screwed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

www.mcmaster.com

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

A repair product that really adheres to rubber mm Home Repair 20 June 17th 18 08:05 AM
Shaping rubber Ritze Metalworking 12 September 7th 05 08:03 PM
OT-DIY Rubber roofing Al A. Metalworking 18 August 25th 05 02:53 AM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 02:27 PM