Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete pad to match existing driveway

I have an area that is part of a planter area on one side of the concrete
driveway,
but I want to "shorten" it so for now I have covered it with paver bricks as
shown he

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000364.JPG

I really want to cover it with same concrete, but I have no clue how to
match the black
"grout line". It is not really a grout line, any idea?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000363.JPG

Thanks in advance,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

lay new slab if thats what your asking, cutting in grout lines, once
the slab hardens mix portland cement with concrete dye and use as
grout.

there are likely other ways to do this like outdoor black grout

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not to second-guess you, but that seems like a lot of work to go through to
gain what appears to be just a few square feet of driveway space...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

miamicuse wrote:
I have an area that is part of a planter area on one side of the concrete
driveway,
but I want to "shorten" it so for now I have covered it with paver bricks as
shown he

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000364.JPG

I really want to cover it with same concrete, but I have no clue how to
match the black
"grout line". It is not really a grout line, any idea?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000363.JPG

Thanks in advance,

MC

My advice is to plant something. You will never get it to match, I
don't care what expert tells you otherwise. I

Posted to alt.home.repair

I understand where you are coming from. But the main entrance to the house
is a double wide door about 72" wide. The landing prior to the main
entrance is about 90" wide.

The planting areas are on both sides of the entrance and it "cuts" into the
entrance pathway narrowing it to about 40" wide. This is why I am trying to
push the planting area back to the same width as the door entrance.

MC

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
Not to second-guess you, but that seems like a lot of work to go through

gain what appears to be just a few square feet of driveway space...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
I understand where you are coming from. But the main entrance to the house
is a double wide door about 72" wide. The landing prior to the main
entrance is about 90" wide.

The planting areas are on both sides of the entrance and it "cuts" into
the
entrance pathway narrowing it to about 40" wide. This is why I am trying
push the planting area back to the same width as the door entrance.

So what you are saying is there are two of these little areas that you want
to fill in? Or at least that this area is between two planters?

In that case, I'd probably just cut out the section of driveway between the
two planters and remove it. Then fill the whole area with new concrete.
You can color it, stamp it, whatever how you like-- just don't try to match
the existing. Then it will look intentionally different than the
surrounding area, not just "different because it was repaired".

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
. ..

"miamicuse" wrote in message
news
[...]

That is a thought. May be I can do something along that line perhaps pour
concrete but stop at 1/4" below existing surface. Then use some special
outdoor tiles I make it look more like a deliberate focal point?

Thanks,

MC