Need Help

Default Sealing cracks in concrete driveway

Our old concrete driveway has developed some fairly wide cracks - up to a
quarter inch or so.
I am looking for recommendations on filling these cracks to keep water out
and eliminate weeds growing in the cracks.
The City fills cracks in the asphalt roads here with some liquid asphalt
(tar) stuff they have that is heated to liquid state. It works well on the
asphalt road surface, but I don't have the equipment to apply that to my
driveway.
I don't care much what the crack fill job looks like, just want to seal the
cracks.

Anyone know of any good, fairly permanent fixes for the cracks in concrete
driveways?

Thanks!

MTLnews

Have you checked you local HD? They also usually carry a gray colored
concrete filler, which is in liquid form either water based or acrylic, and
it does a decent job. I've used it, gives a good seal, and I then later in
the season a cleaned the concrete well, and gave it a 3 nice coats of 1 part
CLEAR Epoxy by Behr and it still looks pretty good. The filler is also
slightly flexible after it is dry, so it won't crack with the slightest
movement to to temperature changes.

Good Luck..

"Need Help" wrote in message
Our old concrete driveway has developed some fairly wide cracks - up to a
quarter inch or so.
I am looking for recommendations on filling these cracks to keep water out
and eliminate weeds growing in the cracks.
The City fills cracks in the asphalt roads here with some liquid asphalt
(tar) stuff they have that is heated to liquid state. It works well on

the
asphalt road surface, but I don't have the equipment to apply that to my
driveway.
I don't care much what the crack fill job looks like, just want to seal

the
cracks.

Anyone know of any good, fairly permanent fixes for the cracks in concrete
driveways?

Thanks!

curmudgeon

HD also carries concrete crack filler caulk (paint dept). Goes in like
caulk and dries like concrete. For wide/deep cracks, first put some foam
strips into the crack to help fill and act as a base for the concrete caulk

"Need Help" wrote in message
Our old concrete driveway has developed some fairly wide cracks - up to a
quarter inch or so.
I am looking for recommendations on filling these cracks to keep water out
and eliminate weeds growing in the cracks.
The City fills cracks in the asphalt roads here with some liquid asphalt
(tar) stuff they have that is heated to liquid state. It works well on
the
asphalt road surface, but I don't have the equipment to apply that to my
driveway.
I don't care much what the crack fill job looks like, just want to seal
the
cracks.

Anyone know of any good, fairly permanent fixes for the cracks in concrete
driveways?

Thanks!

super heavy rust stain on concrete driveway Fred Home Repair 2 March 29th 05 05:32 PM
New house concrete cracks, what can we do? Kathy Home Repair 8 February 7th 05 03:26 PM
New concrete driveway question Keith Boeheim Home Repair 6 January 5th 05 03:54 AM
Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 05:39 PM
help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 11:32 AM