Fred

Default super heavy rust stain on concrete driveway

My tenant just moved the other week and left me with a large heavy rust
stain on the middle of the driveway from the front end of his car. Could
have been from his radiator or battery, I really don't know which. I've
tried removing stains many times in the past but none of my methods had
worked completely. The acid I'd used will eat up the concrete, remove some
rust but good part of the rust was still embedded even after a high pressure
wash. I've used concrete cleaners, disappointing and none had worked. I've
tried all sorts of methods but ended up hiding it with cat litter. I need
something that will remove the rust, but not eat up the concrete, then lift
the rust out from the concrete pores like magic - too much to ask?? Is there
anything that really works well?

Fred wrote:
My tenant just moved the other week and left me with a large heavy rust
stain on the middle of the driveway from the front end of his car. Could
have been from his radiator or battery, I really don't know which. I've
tried removing stains many times in the past but none of my methods had
worked completely. The acid I'd used will eat up the concrete, remove some
rust but good part of the rust was still embedded even after a high pressure
wash. I've used concrete cleaners, disappointing and none had worked. I've
tried all sorts of methods but ended up hiding it with cat litter. I need
something that will remove the rust, but not eat up the concrete, then lift
the rust out from the concrete pores like magic - too much to ask?? Is there
anything that really works well?

Fill a bucket with iron scrap and a 50-50 vinegar-water mixture. Wait
untill the scrap has rusted well, stir to get the vinegar water very
oragne and pour it off the scrap. apply the mixture to the rest of the
driveway and the rust stains will fade away like magic.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two devitations to get cool.
nospambob

Often paint stores have one part Wood Bleach which has oxalic acid as
ingredient listed on the label. Is used to convert black stains on
oak from nails rusting.

Concrete driveway S P O N I X UK diy 1 December 3rd 03 07:22 PM
help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 11:32 AM
concrete driveway solution? gottabefun UK diy 5 November 4th 03 08:25 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM