Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete driveway cleaning and patching

I have started to pressure wash my concrete driveway. I think this is
stamped concrete right?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000362.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000363.JPG

I spent 8 hours pressure washing the left side and now it's clean but it
takes forever. Am I doing something wrong? Every inch has to be directly
sprayed on vigorously, so now it will be like another 10 hours to do the
right side, and this is just the front driveway and not the rear pad.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000361.JPG

see the right side? I spray the right side a bit and you can see where the
nozzle has sprayed. May be I need a different nozzle with a wider coverage?

One more question I have is in the following pic:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000364.JPG

I have an area that is part of a planter area, but I want to "shorten" it so
for now I have covered it with paver bricks. But I really want to cover it
with same concrete. But I have no clue how to match the black "grout line".
It is not really a grout line, any idea?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

miamicuse wrote:
I have started to pressure wash my concrete driveway. I think this is
stamped concrete right?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000362.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000363.JPG

I spent 8 hours pressure washing the left side and now it's clean but
it takes forever. Am I doing something wrong? Every inch has to be
directly sprayed on vigorously, so now it will be like another 10
hours to do the right side, and this is just the front driveway and
not the rear pad.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...6/P1000361.JPG

see the right side? I spray the right side a bit and you can see
where the nozzle has sprayed. May be I need a different nozzle with
a wider coverage?

A nozzle with a wider dispersion pattern would be essentially the same as taking
your existing nozzle and backing off the distance a bit. If backing off results
in inadequate cleaning then you don't have a powerful enough washer.

That is mostly the advantage of using a more powerful (PSI) washer. That you
get the same cleaning effectiveness with a wider pattern so that the job takes
less time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

miamicuse wrote:
[...]

Yes you want a different nozzle. You may need more power (both psi and
gpm) with the wider nozzle.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I spent 8 hours pressure washing the left side and now it's clean but it
takes forever. Am I doing something wrong? Every inch has to be directly
sprayed on vigorously, so now it will be like another 10 hours to do the
right side, and this is just the front driveway and not the rear pad.

Low pressure or low gallon-per-minute pressure washer, with too fine a
nozzle. The ones that clean faster cost more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Its because the pressure washer you are using isn't powerful enough. Better of getting a prefessional driveway cleaning company in. If your in Bromsgrove, check out http://www.jetcleandrives.co.uk/Driv...ing-Bromsgrove