Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or house
paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...
Posted to alt.home.repair

For galvanised ,latex housepaint it should not be to hot at the roof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the pipe is btand new, paint will not stick to it. It must be etched
first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or house
paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...

Why bother? If it's new metal, in a year or so the shine will wear off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob M." wrote in
:

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or
house paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...

Why bother? If it's new metal, in a year or so the shine will wear
off.

Thanks for the replies all. I should have mentioned it is already there
and has old paint on it. Not glossy nor pealing. Make a good base for
the latex I used on the house I suppose.

Are push fit plumbing fittings any good? Steve UK diy 75 September 3rd 05 01:56 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Cost to install gas hot water heater Walleye Home Ownership 8 September 10th 03 03:20 AM